Tuesday, August 7, 2007

RENDON'S GENERAL STORE

Jenny and I met for lunch at the newest burger joint near our house. It's called Rendon's General Store but it's just a burger place.

The parking lot is small, but the inside is much bigger than expected. They have a lot of nice decorations, including a huge bear rug draped over a would be fireplace.

The menu is basic, burgers, sandwiches, etc., however, there's no combo choices. Everything must be ordered ala carte. This is the best way to run up a bill.

Secondly, they only take cash. Not very consumer friendly.

Last, the food was sub par. Maybe because their grill is new and not greasy from years of use, but our burgers were bland.

The staff could be more friendly, as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you give this restaurant another shot. My family and I dine there weekly and always thorougly enjoy the experience. The burgers are the best in the metroplex and the staff could never be more friendly!

Anonymous said...

I think you totally missed it on this place. It is fabulous! The burgers are the most flavorful I have found anywhere in the metroplex and the staff was very friendly to us. The parking lot isn't small either are you sure you are giving your comments on the right establishment, because this place is usually packed with people sometimes standing in line to the door. Everyone that I know that has tried it has loved it. Food critics in all the local papers (which is where I found out about the restaurant ) have all said it is the best burger's in the metroplex. The last time I dined there a couple had driven for three hours to come to this restaurant from somewhere towards Abliene and they commented that is was worth the drive. I wish I was there now to enjoy another great burger!

Anonymous said...

azamabad forconsumers pharmstd buys district overtly torontos farmer typepd careamerican delicate
masimundus semikonecolori

Anonymous said...

I was shocked at how awful the staff treated our party of 18 guests last night!! Not only did they accuse my brother of trying to steal from them when he asked for the cheese that he ordered, my sister had to leave and go to the store to purchase forks for us to eat the birthday cake. They also refused to let us use a knife to cut the cake. But worst and most shocking of all... The cook followed us out as we were leaving and tried to demand we go back in and clean up one of the tables that was not self cleaned!! When I walked in I thought, "what a cool place", but after the horrible experience, I will NEVER return. And discourage anyone even considering this place. There are too many other great restaurants in the area that know how to treat customers.